Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Spicy Healthy Salmon Patties

AppId is over the quota
AppId is over the quota

Last night I came home and realized I had no defrosted meat. It was time to get creative so I looked in the pantry and found some canned smoked salmon. First, I should tell you that I do NOT like salmon. I like fish, but I’m not a salmon steak kinda girl. It’s just too fishy to me, however, I like smoked salmon and I like salmon patties. Go figure!

So I decided to make one of my childhood favorites, salmon croquettes. Here is what I whipped together. It’s quick, easy, healthy and yummy!

1 can (16 ounces) smoked atlantic wild salmon
1 small onion, finely grated
1 finely chopped jalapeƱo
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon of fajita seasoning or your favorite seasoning salt
ground black pepper, to taste
4 egg whites (I used egg whites in a carton)
1 – 1 1/2 cups almond flour (paleo) or your favorite bread crumbs
A dash of garlic
Salt (to taste)

Mix all together, form into patties and fry them lightly in olive oil or pam on medium heat until firm and brown. Serve with ketchup if you are a southern girl (or guy) like me, or top with salsa and/or low-fat sour cream! Totally delish!!

Note: you don’t have to use so much egg, I just doubled what it calls for to bump the protein up some more :)

20130122-083650.jpgNutritional information:
233 calories
26.6 gms protein
15.7 gms carbs
6.5 gms fat (plus oil if you cook it in oil or butter)
0 saturated fat
2.7gm fiber

Fitness Columnist and Lifestyle Coach, Resident Trainer for Designer Whey, Fitness Advisor for FitStudio, powered by Sears, FitFluential Ambassador and Owner of Max Fitness Club, home of BCx Boot Camp in Vero Beach, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment